The internet is a magical thing… There are opportunities available nowadays that weren’t there twenty years ago. In fact, it’s only been fourteen years since Facebook launched in 2004. Just imagine a life with no social media! ...Everything would be SO different!
Business has evolved dramatically since the dot com bubble in the late 1990s, with online business taking an enormous cut of the profits. Jeff Bezos, the founder of Amazon, is now estimated to be the richest man in the world, with many other online business founders being high up there. Not only does online business seem to be extremely profitable, but it is also shaping lives and transforming the world as we know it.
So, if that’s not enough to motivate you, I don’t know what is!
Anyway, we all have to start somewhere. So, I have created a list of some of the easiest ways to start making money online, right now.
Selling old stuff on eBay.
Let’s be real, we all have loads of old rubbish in our house that’s been sitting there collecting dust! However, these unused items may be exactly what someone else is looking for! The way I see it, is that we should only ever keep things we actually see value in.
How much would you pay today for that stripy t-shirt that’s been sitting in your cupboard for three years?
If you wouldn’t pay much at all, get rid of it! It’s wasting space, and you could earn some serious money if you do this with every single item that’s sitting around your house.
We’re all good at something, whether we like to admit it or not. And NOW is the BEST time to do this. Social media is booming and people are trusting people on the internet more than ever… and this is only growing!
- Uni students: do some tutoring! There’s lots of money in this, especially when you come home during the holidays. Kids from your old school are currently studying for GCSE and A-Level mocks, go help them out! A lot of times, their parents will be so desperate to help their kids… so the money is good.
- If you are a stay at home mum and only have certain hours in the day when you are free, it can be pretty challenging. However, there are many options out there. What first springs to my mind is cleaning, dog walking, or even starting your own online dropshipping business in whatever niche you so desire!
- Start a blog, YouTube or Instagram (or all) about your passion. That’s what I did when I first created my instagram account, laurenfitness, and now I have 120,000+ followers. This has opened up many doors to me, including the ability for me to:
- Write and sell ebook(s) and/or course(s). You can find out how to market them online. Google is power. I sell mine on Shopify.
- Affiliate marketing: pay to get leads OR generate a lead magnet. Email lists are easy to build, you just have to be smart with them, and actually use them. It’s important to say here that you should only become an affiliate for products you genuinely trust and use. Honesty is everything. Remember, it’s so important to keep your reputation strong and trustworthy.
If you are interested in stocks, shares, and currency, the trading may be a good idea for you! There can be a lot of money in it, however you really need to know a lot before you start. It's not just gambling. Education and understanding are two crucial elements when it comes to investing and trading.
My final two ways to make money aren’t necessarily online, but they are still great ways to earn some spare cash, using online platforms:
- Spare place in your home? Put it on Airbnb!
- Can you drive? Become an Uber driver!
FINALLY: EDUCATE YOURSELF - this is the number 1 most important thing! Google is POWER. By searching things, you can find a whole load of different ways to make money!
I hope this blog post has inspired you in some way, and if you have other ideas on how to make money online right now, please do let me know so I can update this list!